The summer school is coming up and we bring you some practical guidelines and advice about registration and the first days in Valtice.
- WHEN: Saturday 2 July from 13:00 to 18:00
- WHERE: 1st floor of the Wine School dormitory (Sobotní 116 – see MAP)
- WHAT: upon registration you will receive a participant card, meal vouchers for the dining hall, room keys, information materials
- Please notify us of late arrivals by email if you have not already done so. The office will also be open on Sunday mornings (8:15am – 12:00pm), please come and register before you go to class.
- For Baroque Orchestra, Choir and Gregorian Chant classes, download the notes in the sharebox.
- Print your music and bring it with you.
- When you register, you will receive a plastic sheet music folder with your name on it.
- July 2, 8:00 pm, Baroque Theatre (time and location of the opening may change, you will be notified upon arrival.)
- Opening is optional
- The opening is mainly for new participants of the summer school. All important information is available at registration or on the bulletin board in the lobby of the Wine School.
– OPENING CONCERT
- WHEN: Sunday, July 3, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Chateau Theatre in Valtice
- WHAT: J. A. Benda: Der Dorfjahrmarkt / The Village Market
- Active and passive participants are admitted free of charge. Due to limited capacity, the following questionnaire must be filled out: https://forms.gle/i5vAxEqhqMht9Hyx7
- WHEN: daily 12:45 – 14:00
- WHERE: 1st floor of the Wine School dormitory
- WHAT: inquiries, payments, business
- Breakfast: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 12:15 – 1:45 p.m.
- Dinner: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Cancellations and meal orders can be made until Saturday, July 2 at 12:00 PM ATTENTION!!! On Saturday you can no longer change your meals for 2.7. and 3.7.
- Please check your meal tickets immediately upon registration. Vegetarian meal vouchers can be identified by the green stripe. Once you have registered, you will no longer be able to claim your meal vouchers.
- Don’t lose your meal vouchers – you won’t get a replacement :-)
- Parking on the premises of the Wine School is only available for the lecturers of the Summer School.
– ACCOMMODATION IN THE GYM
- We remind all those who will be staying in the gym to pack sleeping bags and also mattresses. Mattresses will not be available.
- All summer school participants will be admitted free to concerts upon presentation of their participation card.
– INFORMATION ABOUT THE LESSONS
- Passive participants do not actively participate in classes or perform at plays or concerts. If you are a passive participant and are interested in active participation during the course, you must change your participation to active. You may do this at any time during office hours.
- Only those enrolled in the second class may take the second class.
- You may come to Ondřej Šmíd’s Singing at the Church servis class even if you are not enrolled.
– CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION ISSEM
- Certificates can be issued by appointment.
- Please think about whether you really need it (e.g. for employment, etc.).
Every year we have many left over… we save the forests :-)
– SPECIAL OFFER from Lu & Tiree Chmelar Herb Garden
- Do you know the Valtice Herb Garden?
- We know many of you visit it every year during summer school. The herb garden is the perfect place to relax at any time of the day. There are more than 300 species of herbs, many ornamental beds and if you have children, there is a sandpit for them too.
- This year, the Herb Garden has prepared a great offer for our participants – a full-week pass for the price of a single admission.
- You will just need to show your participant card, which you will receive at registration on July 2, 2022.
- full admission: 60,-
- reduced admission: 40,-
- Don’t forget to follow our Facebook and Instagram for updates. If you share photos or videos from the summer school, use the hashtag #mlssh2022 :-)
- For press, use the Wine School dorm concierge.
- Bring your own music stands